Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ben Arfa Puts Pen To Paper At Newcastle

Hatem Ben Arfa has become Newcastle's first signing of the year 2011, signing on for until the year 2015 for the Tyneside club.

It was unknown whether or not Newcastle would act on having Ben Arfa at the club and he was unexpected to sign a permanent deal at Newcastle due to him only being involved in four games so far this season, courtesy of a Nigel De Jong horror tackle back in October.

Ben Arfa has been on loan from Marseille since August and only played two full games, before getting injured, causing outrage amongst England.


Ben Arfa had nothing but praise for the club and said in an official statement to the clubs website:

"I am absolutely delighted to be signing for Newcastle United on a permanent basis. During my short time at the club, I thoroughly enjoyed playing for the team and for the supporters too. This is a great club and I am very happy to be committing my future to them.

"I am getting back to fitness as quickly as I can and am really looking forward to getting back to St. James' Park, seeing the lads again and of course working with Alan Pardew and his staff.

"During my time out, I have been inundated with messages of support from fans and I want to repay them all with good performances on the pitch later this season."

Hatem Ben Afra had been a graduate of the world famous Clairefontaine academy and had spent four years at the top French club Lyon, before moving to Marseille in 2008 for €11 million and his latest move see's him move to Newcastle for an undisclosed fee.

F9ZY8JFNWJNV

1 comment:

  1. It is a great player and I hope that he can add a lot to the team. It is a great signing for Newcastle.

    ReplyDelete